Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just another manic monday.

I wish it was Sunday.

I'll be a bit of a fanboy and say I had a few instances tonight where I was making drinks for some really rad people. Early in the evening I had Robert Hess and he gave me bartenders choice. I tried out an experimental cocktail I've been working on and while its a drink I'm working on for Spur, I did a variation at Sun tonight. In the classic cocktail spirit I'm going to offer variations #1 and #2. Its the hessgin. Its pronounced like Hessian, could be spelled hesitian, or for fucks sake be called the Charlton Heston. I like naming drinks almost as much as I hate naming drinks.

Hessgin #1 (spur version)
1.5 oz. Gin
.5 oz lime
.5 oz Licor 43
dash of Fee bros. Lemon bitters
drop of Rose Flower water on top

Hessgin #2 (Sun version)
1.5 oz Gin
Juice of half a lime
.5 oz. Tuaca
dash of Fee bros. orange bitters
drop of Orange Flower water on top.

later in the evening I had Andrew Bohrer sit down right before Keith and his new wife (who wouldn't let me charge them nothing as a belated wedding gift >.< ) sat down. Ended up talking more about the guild idea as Andrew showed off some things he had been working on. I am honesty curious about the homemade blue curacao recipe. I have made up such recipes as :

Blue Myself

1.5 oz. Vodka or Gin
Juice of half a lime
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 oz Simple
1/4 of Blur Curacao

I need to sleepp. I am going to Oregon tomorrow!

No comments: