Monday, August 10, 2009

MxMo : Vodka is my what?!?!?!?



Augusts MxMo is being help over at Felicia's Speakeasy and the theme for this month is Vodka is your friend.

The theme of August 10th’s Mixology Monday is “Vodka is Your Friend.” The recent high profile bashings of vodka interspersed with a few weak “yeah, buts…” left me wondering, is vodka the axis of evil, our most dangerous enemy? While it may not be the life of the party, experts agree: Vodka’s obituary does not have to be written just yet.

Yup.... I'm one of the haters. I've done my time drinking vodka tonics by the pint and worked high volume bars where vodka sodas are 90% of liquor sales. I'm not going to elaborate much more. However, here's a recipe that I've been putting in front of vodka drinkers

Piece de Resistance

Photobucket

2 oz. Vodka ( It has to be Grey Goose, or Ketel One,or Ciroc, or...... ah what the hell is the difference.)
3/4 oz Cointreau
1/4 oz Benedictine
Dash of orange bitters

1 comment: