Friday, March 14, 2008

goodwhiskey night

so after working the pat 5 nights I decided to treat myself last night.

I decided to go and visit the people that I look up to in the bar world of the town I live in and simply ask their bourbon recommendation on something that I hadn't had. The solution was one word. Willett. I had never heard of this brand, hence it fit the description of what I was looking for.

I started the night at the bar of the undisputed "best bartender" in town. If you google playboy top 10 bartender, he's the coverboy. (http://playboy.com/style/a-list/bartenders/index.html) and upon his recommendation and my approval he poured me one shot, split two ways. half neat and half on the rocks. When sampling good liquors I like to do this because, A. I normally drink whisky on the rocks with a bit of water and B. it would be a disservice not to have it by itself. I highly recommend this when spending more than 15$ for a shot.

on a side note: The market was shut down due to a movie being shot starring Jennifer Anniston from what I was told and overheard.

After the whisky, I went down with the ship and stumbled over to bar #2 where an old friend was working at the new bar he gets one night a week in. This place has he best selection of bottles in town as far as I am concerned so it was fun to pose the same question to another fellow bartender. I ended up getting the same brand, but the single barrel casket. the first shot at the other bar was 94 proof and this was 126 proof and equally delicious.

No comments: