Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Better Recognize!

So yesterday I received an email from a blogger whose blog I read:
Hey Kevin

Sorry if this has taken a month to reply to, it seems I've been spending more time behind the bar and less in front of the computer these days. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but, well, you know.

First off, I'm sorry that your ex led you down the dark path of getting wrapped up in my website. I think you should hold her accountable for such an inordinate waste of time.

Second, I've actually heard of Sun Liquor, we get a lot of Seattleites (is that a word?) that come down here for school. Well done, I'll have to pop in the next time I'm up there - probably this summer. I have a good friend that works/worked at the Virginia Inn, so I need to make it up there soon, sit at his bar, and bust his chops all night.

Anyway, thanks for writing, keep on reading, and we'll talk soon.

Jeffrey Morgenthaler | Eugene, Oregon
e: jeff@jeffreymorgenthaler.com
w: www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com
aim: jeffmorgenthaler | tel: (541) 555-0115


On Mar 4, 2008, at 3:34 AM, Kevin Langmack wrote:

Kevin Langmack wrote:
Hi,
my ex-girlfriend, who spends majority of her time online made, what I feel, to be a last ditch effort to win points with me by finding your blog. I spent the first hour of my shift(slow happy hour) reading it over and I am thoroughly impressed. I bartend at a place in Seattle called Sun Liquor (http://www.yelp.com/biz/sun-liquor-seattle) and am in the process of refining my classic cocktail skills and trying to make a name for myself and just wanted to say Hi. I wouldn't mind starting a correspondence if you have the time and interest. We have recently brought in a few Oregon gins(aviation, rogue spruce, cascade mountain) and am impressed by what is going on and would like to be in the know as much as possible as far as northwest distilleries go. In closing, just wanted to say Hi and that I enjoyed your blog.
KL

Website: myspace.com/langmack

No comments: