Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Responsibility, what's that?

So I really wanted my second MxMo post to be a spectacular one. I wanted to find the most delicious and obscure recipe that no one had ever heard of and make it my own. Unfortunately and fortunately I've been busy in real life.

Bourbon.

As american as apple pie, jazz and most importantly.... the cocktail. The official spirit of the USA by an act of congress ( the bottles-in-bond act of 1897). The first ever federal act of consumer protection. Think about that the next time you order ANYTHING at a restaurant.

Lately I have been making a lot of Juleps with Booker's", recommending the hell out of Jeffrey Morganthalers Bourbon Renewal, and enjoying a TON of bourbon.
As I've mentioned in a previous post, I love to enjoy bourbon in 2 ways. Naturally I respect the spirit for what it is and try some straight. That's how I roll.
I also really enjoy bourbon on the rocks. I usually drink it that way with a splash of water. I've been told, I have read, and have tons of experience drinking it this way. Evan Williams black and water is still a staple.
I am currently enjoying a glass of the Black Maple Hill Bourbon and wondering why life has been so good the past week. I'm playing music again and we have 2 songs written. I've been kinda seeing someone ( see the I'm on fire! post ) and while I was at work today she cleaned my apartment for me. Not the" i'm a lazy guy, "i'll do laundry and throw away the beer cans kind of clean.", the My dvd's are n order and my bookshelf is uncluttered and i believed alphabetized. She's moving to Oregon in less than two weeks and I'm kinda bummed.
I also returned home tonight to check my mail and find my copy of Beck : Mongolian Chop Squad and what Can I say? I've found a new level of geekdom. An anime about starting a band.

Drunken ramblings aside,
I did make something I was sorta happy about and its named after a hilarious segment in my favorite web comic Achewood. I give you the Hick Tipple
2oz. Bourbon ( my well is Jim Beam )
1/2 oz. Lime Juice
1/4 oz Simple Syrup
3-4 dashes Fee Bros. Mint Bitters
Photobucket

No comments: