Saturday, February 20, 2010

A drink and a song...


A hellacious version of a Vieux Carre....

Devil Me

1 oz Sazerac 6yr Rye
1 oz Laird's Od Apple Brandy
1 oz Carpano Antica
1/4 oz Benedictine
Dash of Agnostura Bitters
Dash of Peychaud's Bitters


Yes, I'm a Yugoslav, indeed a Swede
Got two brothers, girlfriend, dad and mom
Good boxershorts I need, lots of maps I read
I would love to run my own farm

I like the Beatles, funk and punk
I watch hockey, basketball, play chess
I eat veggie-junk and I love SuperChunk
To boule and travel I say Yes

All this I adore, at the same time, it's just me
It's what I care for, it's what I wanna be

I want it all, I want it all to stay right here
I want it all to be a part of Slick Nick's sphere
I want it all to be sincere, where ever I go

Lisa, Madonna are girls who know where it's at
And Dr. Kris is a favorite rocker
My main star Miat, we have a car, a Fiat
Yeah, still my dearest sport is soccer

I'm not an ace on bass, it's what I face
But yeah I think it's king to sing
Sailingboats I chase, I'd like to go into space
Riding my silverfox is the real thing

I want it all, I want it all to stay right here
I want it all to be a part of Slick Nick's sphere
I want it all to be sincere, where ever I go
Where ever I go, where ever I go, where ever I...
All around the world I go, Pennybridge, Belgrade and even T.O.

1 comment:

1022 South said...

Our house Vieux Carre is that same as above except substituting Boulard Calvados for the Laird's. Either way, damn fine cocktail.