Monday, July 21, 2008

MxMo : New Orleans



I'm sad I didn't make the rash decision to blow off work and go. I'm already planning on next year.

I debated on putting my preference of Sazerac up as my post but decided to go with the experimental recipe.

New Orleans Cocktail #25

So I'm into gaming and aside from online rpg's I am a huge madden fan. I remember playing it on PC before it was a console game. I am lucky in the fact that my older brother's best friend is involved in marketing for EA sports. I have gotten advanced copies in the past and I think I need to make a call. Pretty much my best team in the 08 edition was the New Orleans Saints. I became a big Reggie fan this year. They had a 3 back offense set that if you put #25 in lead tailback and Deuce at fullback was devastating. I'm rambling, to tie this all together I had been playing with St. Germain (gold) and Fernet Branca (black) in trying to make a NOLA cocktail. I was thinking Bourbon since Bourbon street is kinda famous. I tried these 3 together together and its deliciousness was familiar in a way..... A little later it clicked that it was basically Jaime's Cooper Cocktail from the Food & Wne Cocktails 2008. I met him earlier in the month at the bitter meeting and walked away with a batch of his Boker's bitters and decided to give him a nod and add half an eyer dropper of said bitters in he mix.

My phone broke so no picture and I tended to pour a bit heavier on the accents.

1 1/2 oz. Bourbon
1/2 oz. St Germain
1/2 oz, Fernet Branca
1/2 a dropper of Boker's bitters

No comments: