Friday, April 17, 2009

T.W.I.B. - This week in bartending



So since I've been in the mood of rehashing old bits, and its baseball season again, AND I am going to Ichiro bobblehead night tomorrow with an old friend that was the first person I was happy with as a manager and taught me the importance of being fast, I figured I'm awake at three with nothing better to do once again.

T.W.I.B. #8 - Uninformed customers.
Its part of the job, and I'm working on better customer service. I know when I sit down and order a beer and a shot, I want a beer and a shot.. I want a beer and a shot and don't want to be upsold to some beer and whiskey mix. However some orders are still funny to hear.

a. " Can I have a Lime Margarita?"
yup, yes you can
b. "How much is well beer?
uh, well is usually a term used for liquor while beers are usually either on tap, or referred to as draft.

T.W.I.B. #9 - Bartending is the new Rock n' Roll
The parallels are there. I spent ten years chasing that dragon and still have the itch to play music but I've been over analyzing this personal connection moreso lately. You still want to have people show up and have a good time, however people who go to bars are spending on booze and not shirts and cd's. Instead of a catchy song it is a delicious drink. I didn't get to see the guy at work, because I was working as well, but the people at Vessel had Erick Castro from San Francisco in town and I got to hang out two of the nights and it had the same feel from back in the day when I'd host touring bands and we'd talk into the late night at shitty late night diners. I'm looking forward to next week when Daniel from the Teardrop will be in town.

No comments: