Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MxMo XLVI: Absinthe



The walk of shame fizz.

So my MxMo post is a little late, but I spent monday competing as a regional finalist for the 42 Below World Cup so please forgive me.

Speaking of which, what do you do the day after.......

This months theme is Absinthe and is hosted by Sonja at Thinking of Drinking. With a leftover supply of goods not normally found in the home due to my recent obsessions with fizzes, I decided to put a spin on one of my favourites, The Morning Glory Fizz. This video (which I believe was shot when Absinthe was still off the U.S. Market, hence the lack of mention) by Dale DeGroff shows exactly what I'm talking about.


So in swapping out a few ingredients I give you the alternate to the Morning Glory.....
The Walk of Shame Fizz
2 oz cask strength scotch (McCallans)
1/2 oz fresh lime/lemon sour mix
1/2 oz raspberry syrup
1 barspoon absinthe
egg whites
shake all ingredients vigorously
top with soda

1 comment:

MikeMcSorley said...

Nice job sir. those firm peaks on the fizz have me flying half mast right now.