Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back in the Blazing Saddle...

Oh wow, I just went there....

So what some others have referred to as my "retirement" is coming to an end. After 3 months of just mondays and scant shifts between, I'm rested and ready to gat back at it. Thing is times are tough all over and a lot of people who have bartended in the past are applying. I went on a cattle call of an interview that had 300+ applicants.

Long story short I was happy to say yes when Dave Nelson from Spur Gastropub called me up and asked if I'd be interested in one or two days a week. I am already familiar with the program, won't be overworked, but can cover at both jobs if need be, and will get to cook and dabble with things at the molecular level again, which frankly I have missed. I'll be at Spur on Saturday and Sunday, while still doing my thing on Mondays at Sun.

p.s. I have a drink called the Blazing Saddle now....

No comments: