Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sentimental Trash

Photobucket

I've got good news and bad news:

The good news is I got a call yesterday from the interview I had a while back and was offered the job. I cannot express how happy and scared I am at the same time. I can't tell you all the details yet ( "I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you" ), but the basics are its going to be an Americana themed gastropub focusing and centered on whisk(e)ys and specializing on food pairing with cocktails. I have told that my hiring is based on the fact I realize that wine and food pairing is my weakest link(goodbye) and I need to pick it up in that department. I hate drinking wine, hence I have a soft basis to work on. Wine makes me a weird drunk. I also have been big on my drink having more than one thing poured from a bottle. Call me crazy. I'm looking forward to working like a Jamacian

Aside: Casey is the last barman poet.

The bad news is FFXI maintenance is underway..... also I have to figure out about dropping a day at the Sitting Room. Not looking forward to that conversation later.

Now for the sentimental trash aspect. For as long as I remember I have had a fascination with hanging on to empty bottles from really good times when they were emptied. When the lady was nice enough to clean my apartment I LOST THE MAJORITY of my empty bottle collection. I see this as a blessing in disguise, but gone are such bottles as the Fernet I got as my first Christmas bonus from Sun, also the last Heineken served at Sun ( which I stole before I worked there ), The bottle from the batch of applejack I made for my family on mothers day, a bottle of wine which I got on a first date at Chez Gaudy but opened at Artemis, etc. etc. etc....... I thought them being thrown away would be a bigger deal but I guess I'm over it =D

No comments: