Sunday, June 22, 2008

So is life. (Opinions are Assholes v.2)

Had the conversation about the new job with my owner and things look like they are going to work out.

Had a thrill when just after open the best bartender in town sat down at my bar and ordered a beer. Had a short time to kill and said he'd come see me at Sun this week for the umpteenth time. It was the second time I got to serve him a beer for the second time in my life, the first being a few years ago while working for Pagliacci. After a generous tip I was really excited for the night to come. Whatever, I'll end the fanboy rant.

What followed was the slowest most painful night I have done in forever. to quote Tucker Max it was like masturbating with sandpaper. (opinion piece#2) The kicker was at 1am when we had done last call, a bartender I recognized came in with her guy and wanted just one drink. We exchanged pleasantries and then I broke everything back out and made her a bellini and her guy a rum and coke that was basically a double and was tipped 20%..... on a 14$ tab.... really? the 2 extra bucks to leave a fiver was too much? I am an asshole at times. the rub was them hanging out til after the servers had left and the music was off and lights were out... yada, yada, yada...... Lemme just say the tip from the fanboy rant was 1/3 of my night. Dealing with girl issues but now i'm sleeping.

No comments: