Friday, June 27, 2008

Feelin' Dumb

So I covered tonight at Sun and was lucky enough to be visited by some very knowledgeable people. I was visited tonight by Eric and Joseph (sp?) from Haus Alpenz LLC. Granted I braved danger in what we we're doing, but it was a worthwhile endeavor. As stupid as it sounds I really enjoy being explained things that I don't fully understand. I got to play around with and tried their Pear Williams Purkhart Alto Adige Eau-de-Vie, Batavia Arrack van Oosten, Rothman & Winter Crème de Violette, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, and had some of The Scarlet Ibis Trinidad Rum. All the product info is here..

All in all my totals were leet.

The recipe highlight of the night was......

the Reveillon Cocktail:
1 1/2 oz. Applejack
1/2 oz. Pear Eau-de-Vie
1/2 oz. Allspice Dram
1/2 - 1 oz. Punt e Mes (depending on taste)
1-2 dashes Agnostura Bitters

No comments: