Friday, July 18, 2008

The Bastardized Sazerac.

So I have been having some hard times helping people lately. One of my bars is changing ownership so that is going to be an intriguing development. Said bar is known for its Pomegranate Cosmopolitans. I had one guy who as far as I know has not been on QA ordering these all night long. I hate admitting it, but I make a damn mean cosmo, throw variations, like said pom cosmo, into the mix and occasionally you find the delicious.

So an aside that isn't an aside:

The Sazerac is in my top 3 favorite things to drink. Its a drink I use to gauge the person making me drinks. If they don't know what it is then I switch to makers and h2o. Hence ordering it from half the bars in town I have tried a wide array of flavors attested to this drink. I am not proud of what I am about to say......

I like a fucked up Sazerac.

If you use a sugarcube thats cool. I may just like two. Also use hella Peychaud bitters. I lie it shaken. Lord have mercy. when I make it at home my barspoon is MIA or dirty.

2-3oz. of Rye
1/4-1/2 of Simple syrup.
6-8 Dashed Peychaud Bitters
Just enough Absinthe to coat the bottom 50% of a frosted double rocks glass.

Photobucket

Also I am going to order the pom cosmo from the boss. I hate saying it but there is a certain % of our male clientele that are looking for vodka drinks and I think this one could do well there.

2oz. Vodka
1/2 oz Triple sec
Juice of one lime
1/2 Sun Grenadine

No comments: